- In spite of year-over-year declines in quarterly revenue and net income, Apple’s stock still jumped 5% during after-hours trading after its Jan. 29 ER.
- iPhone’s quarterly revenue was down -15% Y/Y but Mac’s revenue was up 9% Y/Y. Revenue from iPad was up +17% and Services was up +19% Y/Y.
- The strong sales growth of the iPad and Services segments convinced me that Apple will really release a new low-cost iPad Mini and iPad 9.7 inch this year.
- Office productivity, mobile gaming, and watching streaming movies is still better on an iPad than on an iPhone.
- Adobe will release an iPad/iOS native version of Photoshop CC this year. A $200 iPad Mini 5 with 7.9-inch screen is perfect for professional photo editing.
Subscribe to receive exclusive PREMIUM content here