Apple Stock News
For the latest Apple Stock News, AAPL closed at $116.73 on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 with a 0.78% loss, or $0.91 from its previous close of $115.82 per share.
On December 30, Apple released information that one of their manufacturers will be opening an Apple factory in Bengaluru, India. The production from this factory will begin in April of 2017. The tech giant plans on cutting production by 10% on iPhones this year but even with the cutback, analysts are bullish on AAPL. Twenty-six analysts have placed a buy rating for AAPL out of thirty-two. Since May, the share price on APPL has gone up 29% from its low, but as of this weekend, APPL began to fall back down from $117.26 on December 27, 2016.
There are a few things that Apple can do in the new year in order to continue their growth. Amazon has come out with their Amazon Echo, a portable device akin to Siri. However, Amazon Echo has features that trump Siri. Amazon Echo can:
- Plays all your music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, and more using just your voice
- Fills the room with immersive, 360º omni-directional audio
- Allows hands-free convenience with voice-control
- Hears you from across the room with far-field voice recognition, even while music is playing
- Answers questions, reads audiobooks and the news, reports traffic and weather, gives info on local businesses, provides sports scores and schedules, and more using the Alexa Voice Service
- Controls lights, switches, and thermostats with compatible WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Wink, Insteon, Nest, and ecobee smart home devices
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Uber, Domino’s, and more
Retrieved from Amazon
To compete with Amazon, Apple must come up with a better version of Siri, in speaker form. There will be a race to partner up with Beats by Amazon, Google, and Microsoft. Apple’s best bet to beat the Echo is by winning the race for Beats.
Keep checking back for more news regarding AAPL. For Full AAPL forecasts and investment advice by our state of the art algorithm click here.